The Express Entry System was launched on January, 1, 2015. This system puts great emphasis on finding skilled and professional immigrants, and is used to select applicants for these federal economic immigration programs:
- the Federal Skilled Worker Program,
- the Federal Skilled Trades Program,
- the Canadian Experience Class, and
- a portion of the Provincial Nominee Program.
Square One Study Permit Centre will assess your eligibility under the Express Entry System, and assist you in these application processes:
- complete your online Express Entry Profile,
- Job Bank registration,
- review your supporting documents, and advise you to improve your profile, and
- submit an electronic application for Permanent Residence once you receive an invitation to apply.
Please note that this new system is based on a Comprehensive Points System (CPS) that will rank candidates based on the scores. The higher your score, the better chance you have of receiving an invitation to apply for Permanent Residency.